Recent Community News
Congratulations to Charity Parrish!!
Mrs. Charity Parrish, Director of Planning, Program Development and Communications has successfully accomplished the massive goal of becoming a National Certified ROMA Trainer (NCRT). She was officially awarded this distinction on May 23, 2016 after completing the Phase IV Internship at Community Action Kentucky in Frankfort on May 17, 2016. She is now certified to deliver training on ROMA (Results-Oriented Management and Accountability) basic principles and practices. Charity has joined an esteemed and elite group of only thirteen (13) NCRTs in the entire state of Kentucky. This is a huge accomplishment and such an amazing asset for our agency. Charity’s accomplishment reflects great credit upon herself and is in keeping with the highest level of commitment to the mission of our agency. Congratulations on such a tremendous job well done, Charity! We are so proud of you!
The National Certified ROMA Trainers, bringing experience and skills from a broad range of backgrounds and Community Action Agency(CAA) network involvement, continue to help state CSBG offices, Community Action Associations, local CAAs and related entities with their transition to performance-based management. The results of the National Peer to Peer (NPtP) project to date, as observed and reported by Certified Trainers, include evidence of improved administration, programs, and outcomes as a result of ROMA implementation at all levels of the CSBG network Trainers reported the following indicators of success:
- Increased use of Six National Goals in planning and implementing strategies
- Increased ability to relate agency mission to identified strategies and outcomes, at the family, agency and community levels;
- Improved management of agencies and programs using "results oriented" principles and practices
- Increased ability to identify outcomes and indicators
- Increased ability to collect, aggregate and report outcome data
- Improved ability to work with partners
If you or your organization would like to donate food, time or money, please click here or on the donate button at the top of this page. For more information about Community Action of Southern Kentucky, contact 270-782-3162 or click here.