Our agency runs at least one Senior Center in every county in our 10-county area. Our friendly, well-trained Senior Center Managers plan and oversee activities designed to aid in the social and nutritional well-being of our older community members.
Members of our Senior Centers must be at least 60 years of age. (Spouses are eligible, regardless of age.) There is no income requirement.
Funds that support our Senior Centers and their activities come from the following sources:
- Federal Title III of Older American's Act passed through the State Division of Aging. Community Action of Southern Kentucky, Inc. contracts with Barren River Area Development District.
- State Home Care (Home delivered meals)
- Donations from participants receiving services.
- Other local donations
- Fundraising activities
Senior Center Activities include
- Transportation to centers, recreation, necessary shopping and medical appointments.
- Information and Referral to local services and opportunities
- Nutrition Education
- Health Services: speakers, exercise, screening
- Friendly Visits and Telephone Reassurance
For more specific information, contact your community's Senior Center Office.