« Community Action Head Start Annual Report 2016-2017. | Main | Upcoming Senior Center Programs! »

LIHEAP is coming!

The Cost of Home Heating is a Problem for Many Low-Income Kentuckians

Your Community Action Agency may be able to help. Apply at the Community Action office in your county for the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program.

During Subsidy, which runs from November 6 through December 15, 2017, applications are taken in order of the last name of the head of the household. Choose the date on the calendar linked here that contains the first letter of your last name.

If you cannot apply on your assigned day, contact your local Community Action office to make other arrangements.

You will need the following information to apply:
  1. Proof of Social Security Number or Permanent Residence card (Green Card) for each member of the household.
  2. Proof of all household’s (all members) income from the preceding month.
  3. Most current heating bill, statement from your landlord if heating expenses are included in your rent, statement from utility company if you participate in Pre-Pay Electric Program.
  4. Vendor information (including account number and name on account) for your main heating fuel as well as electric.

EmailEmail Article to Friend