KHBE logo

Most Americans must have health insurance. The Kentucky Health Benefits Exchange is an unbiased online service. Only through KHBE can you qualify for help paying your insurance costs, based on income. KHBE makes it easy to find health insurance for you, your family or your business and allows you to compare and select insurance plans and find out if you qualify for programs like Medicaid or the Kentucky Children’s Health Insurance Program.

Community Action of Southern Kentucky offers assistance in the KHBE Program with Application Assisters available in the ten county area. Assisters make signing up easier and will assist you in making the best choice for you, your family or business.

Who is eligible?

For any questions about eligibility or how to apply, please call Melissa Grimes, KHBE Program Manager for Community Action, or click on your county in the menu to the right for your local Assister's contact information.

When is Open Enrollment for 2018?

The open enrollment dates for 2018 coverage are November 1, 2017 through December 15, 2017. To schedule an appointment with an Assister, please find your county in the right-hand menu. You must make an appointment to enroll or make changes with an Assister!

Who do I contact if I have questions or need to enroll?

Choose your county for more information.

KHBE Program Manager

Melanie Lawrence (270) 782-3162

Allen County

Michael Jn Baptiste (270) 202-7357

Barren County

Sandra Lindsey (270) 202-7367

Butler County

Sandra Lindsey (270) 202-7367

Edmonson County

Sandra Lindsey (270) 202-7367

Hart County

Sandra Lindsey (270) 202-7367
Tonia Bruton (270) 524-0224

Logan County

Michael Jn Baptiste (270) 202-7357
Crystal Bell (270) 726-2459

Metcalfe County

Sandra Lindsey (270) 202-7367

Monroe County

Sandra Lindsey (270) 202-7367

Simpson County

Michael Jn Baptiste (270) 202-7357

Warren County

Michael Jn Baptiste (270) 202-7357

What if I don't live in those counties?

If you're outside of Community Action of Southern Kentucky's ten-county service area, you can visit the Community Action Kentucky website for information on Assisters in your area.

You can also visit the Benefind website to find more information for Kentuckians, or if you live outside Kentucky.