About Community Action of Southern Kentucky
We have a heart for the people in our communities. We believe everyone deserves the opportunity to be safe, clothed, fed, warm, educated, healthy and most of all have hope. It is our privilege and responsibility to help people achieve these things and have access to all resources.
We are a non-profit 501 (c)(3) corporation funded by Federal, state, and local government funding, private contributions, and user fees. Community Action is governed by a board of directors, representing elected officials, community representatives, and low income citizens and advocates. Professional and dedicated support staff are assigned to the various programs in each county. With a budget and assets over $15 million, Community Action maintains approximately 35 program facilities in our 10-county area.
We team with community partners to provide human services with dignity and respect, empowering people in Southern Kentucky to achieve stability and economic security.
The Promise of Community Action
Community Action changes people's lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities and makes America a better place to live. We care about the entire community, and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other.
Beliefs, Values & Guiding Principles
• We respect our customers. We treat everyone with dignity and respect.
• We conduct our business with strong ethical values. These values include honesty, respect, trust, responsibility, and fairness. We maintain the highest standard of ethics with our customers, employees and communities.
• We are committed to collaboration with our community partners and customers to enhance our ability to maximize our impact and resources. We recognize and accept our responsibility to the communities we serve.
• We work to strengthen families and other support systems. We make positive educational, social, and health interventions available so that families, individuals and children will succeed in school and life.
• Employees are valued as our greatest asset. Employees possess immense powers of innovation, dedication, skill and a desire to help our customers. Working as a team empowers all of us to realize our full potential.
• We value diversity. We thoughtfully consider others' ideas and viewpoints and recognize our differences. We operate in excellence, prospering when an individual grows and meets new challenges.
• We treat all employees with fairness and dignity. We recognize performance, dedication, and measurable contributions to the Agency.
• We seek employees with integrity who are committed to preserving and enhancing the values and principles that reflect our Values, Beliefs and Guiding Principles through their own actions. We maintain an environment that encourages personal responsibility with the Agency and the community. We strongly believe that every employee makes a difference.
• By encouraging, cooperating and supporting each other as a team, we can continue to make a difference in the lives of our customers, communities and each other.